Thursday, July 10, 2014

What We've Learned

Happy anniversary to my husband, lover, best friend, trouble maker, handyman and personal serenader. I love you. Like a lot.



/We've learned how to cook.
/We have not learned how to grocery shop or how to remember what we have in the fridge.

/We've learned more about keeping the good people around.
/We have not learned how we got so lucky in our friendships.

/We've learned how to go from newborn to baby to toddler in the blink of an eye.
/We have actually not learned that at all. No one will ever learn that.

/We have learned how to be a one car family.
/We have not even [hardly] missed our second car.

/We have learned the importance of my role as mom & staying home with Maddox.
/We have not missed my second, consistent income.

/We have learned how to make pizza from scratch.
/We have not learned how to branch out from pesto + tomato + artichoke toppings.

/We have learned the importance of communication.
/We have not had as many fights or misunderstandings.

/We have learned that Larissa still hates movies.
/We have not seen any new movies this year. (Besides Hunger Games. But obviously.)

/We have learned that we do not want more children in the near future.
/We have not ruled them out either.

/We have learned how to fly with a toddler.
/We have not planned anymore plane trips.

/We have learned to set a reminder to order an anniversary cake.
/We have not found anyone to make us our 4-year cake because we did not set said reminder.

/We have learned that Montana is where we are meant to be.
/We have not had an easy road learning that.


year two. year three.

2 loves:

  1. I'm so glad to find out you have a blog too! Why don't you share you link in your Insta profile? Anyway, happy anniversary! I love this post, this December Jared and I will be celebrating EIGHT years (where has the time gone?). It's crazy to think of all the things we've learned in that time, I'd definitely like to write something out like this around our anniversary.
    Love your blog, I'm following you on Bloglovin now and of course I have to go back and read a bunch of older posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is in my profile? I don't know? Instagram hates me. I'm sure of it. ;]

      Thank you so much! Isn't it so crazy how fast time goes? I used to think we'd never hit 5 years. And now we're almost there and 10 and 20 seem so far away but they'll be here before I can even blink twice.

      Delete

<3