Thursday, July 24, 2014

Maddox Currently

Currently Maddox is 15 and a half months old and he...

 Runs. I thought that he was fast when he started walking. But then he started running. And basically my day consists of chasing a toddler around the house.

Knows where things are. This is a big one and so cool to me because I can see him learning and understanding things and making connections. Like, I'll say, "Where's your ball?" And he'll go find it. Or I'll tell him to bring me a book and he'll go find a book in his book bin. He also found an old jewelry box in my night stand and has been playing with that recently because he can dump everything out and put it back in and there's a lid on it and so he can hide things like half eaten cheese sticks (true story) in it. And so he brought it to the kitchen to play with it and then got distracted and left it there. I picked it up and set it with some things I needed to take back to my room and he grabbed it and brought it back in my room and started putting all the jewelry back in it. He also goes to the cupboard where the goodies are kept at grandma and grandpa's house and will stand at the door and sign please until someone gets him a treat.


Is obsessed with water bottles. Evan and I bought a pack of plastic water bottles to have in the car on our road trip and Maddox is obsessed with the caps. He loves to put the cap on, try to screw it on, take it off and pretend drink out of it. But he never puts the cap in his mouth, thank God. He also loves to find little things that he can shove in the bottle, ie. goldfish, rocks, crumbs, blueberries, etc. He will fill up the bottle and then dump everything out. I am still unsure why I ever bought him toys.

Quacks like a duck, roars like a lion, oinks like a pig. My parents' neighbors have a pet duck that quacks all the live long day. Maddox quickly learned how to imitate it. I read him The Saggy, Baggy Elephant and he loves the part with the lion because I roar for like 15 minutes. He's sort of picked it up and it's so cute. He only wants to read THAT page and so we read THAT page 914 times a day. He also love love loves that Noise Farm book but the pig is his favorite. You press the pig's ear and it oinks (like a recording of a real pig) and Maddox does his best impression of that 1,000 times a day. It's also his favorite page and so we basically skip over the rest of the loser animals (sorry about your cow, Erin) and head straight for the pig. [Can I tell you guys how I excited I am to take Mad to see the animals at the fair in the next few weeks? So stoked.]

Signs: Please and thank you. We've mastered saying please when you want something (like, he will walk up to us and sign please if we're eating something that he wants. We don't even have to tell him to say it.) but we're now working on the idea that just because you say please doesn't mean you're going to get it. Because if you tell this kid no, a fit of epic proportions is thrown. He's still a little iffy on thank you, but he's getting there.

New words: Zeeze (Please). Bah! (Bad. Bonus: Also points to the dog when he says it. Mom of the year.) Ha! (Hot! Okay, adorable. We tell Maddox something is hot, like a bite of food or the stove or whatever and he looks at us and repeats, "Ha! Ha!" And then because we blow on his food, he now says "Ha!" and then blows on the thing that is hot. This trick is also useful to get him to leave things alone if he's not supposed to play with them.)


*Yes, technically Maddox will be 16-months on Saturday. But technically I had this writtn up like 2 weeks ago and just slacked on taking pictures. So. Better late than never. 

0 loves:

Post a Comment

<3