Thursday, November 28, 2013

A thankful heart

(Do you like how I'm all over the place with my holidays? I do.)

I have a lot to be thankful for this year and each and every day I count my blessings for a husband who makes me laugh constantly and who puts up with my craziness; the most beautiful baby boy who sings to me in the car and makes me laugh with his adorable personality; a job that looks nothing like a usual 9-5 but still brings in money so that I can have new boots and Maddox can have diapers and Evan can have plaid shirts (I think if we were each a thing, we'd be those things. HA.). I'm thankful that we live near both sets of our parents so that Maddox will grow up with grandparents near by (something I didn't have) and aunts and uncles and one sweet little cousin to tide him over in the sibling department until we decide to tackle that endeavor.

I'm so thankful that even though this year has flown by and suddenly I have an eight-month-old daredevil child and am inching in on my 26th year and my fourth year of marriage, that this has undoubtedly been the best year of my life. This year brought forgiveness both granted and given and I think that that is one of my top three most thankful things. That before all of the things I'm thankful that one of my best friends and I could make up and start over.

So yes. This year that is already weeks away from being over has been pretty dang sweet. I think about how one year ago I was baking a sweet potato casserole and so thankful for maternity pants to accommodate a real baby but also a food baby. This year, I'm thankful that I still have those jeans and wondering if anyone would notice if I wore them to dinner.

This year I'm making mac and cheese instead of sweet potatoes (because we like to live life on the edge) and as I'm sitting in my kitchen, watching my husband prepare our contributory food and listening to our baby bang his toys on the highchair while laughing hysterically, I am just reminded how blessed I am and how thankful I am for the little things in life that happen, the sweet unexpected that keeps life exciting.


0 loves:

Post a Comment

<3