Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Maddox Currently

Maddox is currently 20-months and he...



Has chores. He's been obsessed with feeding the dog for quite a while so we let him do it. He gets her bowl and fills it up with food and then follows her around the house and demands that she eat her food. We have to be extra careful and make sure we always lock the container where we keep her food because he sometimes likes to grab handfuls of food and throw them all over the floor and that's really fun for me. He also helps us unload the dishwasher. He pulls all the silverware out one-by-one and hands me a plate or bowl one-by-one and gets really angry when I won't let him empty the dishwasher when it's full of dirty dishes.



Loves puzzles and shape sorting. I've had wood puzzles and a little shape sorter toy for Maddox for an entire year. He showed no interest in them until one day when all of the sudden he just knew how to put the puzzle pieces back into the puzzle and knew that the circle went in the circle hole in the shape sorter. I kind of just watched in amazement for an entire day because I had no idea where he picked this up. But he does it and it makes me really proud.



Dances with me. We always have music on in this house and Maddox and I are usually dancing to it. I picked him up one day and put his arms on my neck and said, "Hold on to me!" And now whenever I pick him up and there's music playing, he grabs my neck and we dance. He also likes when I twirl him around and around and his newest dance move is spinning until he falls down.


Likes to pretend cook.  Maddox prefers to pull all of the pots and pans out of the cupboards and pull a handful of spice jars out and pretend to cook with me. I'm so, so excited for the day when he can really sit on the counter and help me. But for now, I'll take this little pretend chef.



Can get out of his crib. Aye yi yi. One morning a few months ago, Maddox fell out of his crib. We were sleeping and Evan heard the crash and rushed into his room. His crib has three settings for mattress height and his was on the middle setting but the lowest setting was only a few inches below the current position. Evan left for work and I couldn't adjust it on my own and Maddox refused, absolutely refused to take any sort of naps in his bed that day. Probably, he was scared out of his mind but I didn't mind a day of cuddles with my sweet boy. So, that night Evan and I removed all the pieces of the crib so that it's still a crib but the mattress just lays on the ground instead of on the thing that's attached to the crib (good description, L). So, the crib and mattress now move freely of each other and there's just the tiniest space between the crib and the floor but we didn't think that Maddox would try to climb under. No way. Well, turns out he does. He kicks the crib until it has moved and he slides under and can open his bedroom door and he's halfway downstairs before you realize what's happening.



New Words: Bah! (Buttons, as in, buttons on the microwave! Dishwasher! Washer! Dryer! Any. Kind. Of. Button. Bah! Bah! Bah!) Tea. (Tea. Mama's tea, which he is ridiculously obsessed with.) Cah! (Car.) Es. (Yes.) Nunch. (Lunch.)

0 loves:

Post a Comment

<3