Monday, October 22, 2012

seventeen weeks

i'm 17 weeks. which is almost halfway there. which means baby is the size of a onion/turnip. is that not huge? i feel movement but it is super, super sporadic. which is normal and not me freaking out. and according to my baby website, the baby is developing ear bones so it can now hear. to evan that meant, SAY HI TO THE BABY BY SHOUTING REALLY LOUD IN LARISSA'S EAR.

so i'm deaf now.



according to our friends our baby is going to have evan's crazy curly hair and my attitude. i had better tame it down because raising a child like me, while HILARIOUS, would not be fun. [sorry mom. i'm sure i was a handful.]

also we think it's a boy. actually, EVERYONE thinks it's a boy. people will be like "blah blah blah HE blah blah oops! i mean he/she..." hahaha. except for target has THEE cutest little tutus for baby girls right now. and this adorable little peacoat. i could just puke it's that cute.

but we are NOT finding out. we have an ultrasound in a few weeks, which would be the ultrasound that tells us what it is, but on the information sheet it said "blah blah blah rule out twins, blah blah blah." EXCUSE ME, NO. 20 weeks to "rule out twins?" that should have been ruled out on day 1, thank you. get with it, modern medicine 2012. pretty sure there are not twins in there. we can go ahead and just rule that on out right now.

also: i'm over my egg aversion except i still don't want eggs but i can handle them. i even had some egg casserole on accident without even realizing it until i ate the entire thing and realized i didn't gag through it. good for me. and my new obsession is grapefruit juice. OMG i love grapefruit juice. i cannot get enough grapefruit juice. i drank almost an entire gallon in a single day last week. and i have this uncontrollable urge to put salt in it. i haven't yet. but i want to. is that even good? who knows. plus, i hate sweets and candy which is totally unnatural for me because i'm usually all about it. so that's good. this baby is a healthy one.



also, whoever said that there is a 2nd trimester burst of energy is a big fat liar. i napped all weekend long (except when i was woken up by these annoying campaigners banging on my door---hiiii i already voted please go awaaaay) and i still did not want to get out of bed this morning. so whenever that burst of energy wants to grace me with its presence, i will be most appreciative.

22 loves:

  1. You are glowing and I just am so excited for you! I love seeing photos of your baby growing :) Whats that baby website you saw that now it can hear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! =]

      I subscribe to baby center and the bump. I think it was baby center that talked about the ear bones. It's funny because one always calls it a girl ("this week baby is this. Her this and this...") and the other says its a boy. There needs to be more unisex pronouns that aren't "it."

      Delete
  2. ahh is it possible to miss someone you've only met online? cause i really miss you. haha i miss your blog, and i'm so excited you are pregnant. i just wanted to say hi. and i still hope we meet one day cause i LOVE YOU! AND IM GONNA LOVE YOUR BABY. virtually, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, girl it is!!! Because I miss you!!! Come back to us!!! I miss my bloggy BFF! <333 I hope we get to meet so you can love the shit outta my baby. Because virtually isn't going to cut it. Xoxoxoxoxoxo

      Delete
  3. ah so much to say.

    first, i think your having a boy too, thats just what i have always thought since the announcement of your pregnancy.

    second, glad to hear your over your aversion.

    third, grapefruit juice is good to crave--- I was the same way, only about grape juice! I'd down a gallon in like two days.

    and last, I know what you mean about the second trimester not being a burst of energy, but trust me, it is. You just don't realize it until you get to your third. also everyone is like "oh you're not even that uncomfortable during your second" and I'm like "I'm feeling huge and way uncomfortable" but seriously, try to enjoy your second trimester, because it really is amazing compared to third!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I do the same thing, like automatically if you're sick I think it's a girl. That's my number 1 reason for thinking its a boy: no sick. So we'll see. I'm so glad you informed me about the truth about this burst of energy! How the heckfire am I supposed to enjoy it if I won't realize it's amazingness for another 10+ weeks?! Just please. If I'm this tired now, I will probably just straight up die from exhaustion. Looking forward to THAT! Also grape juice sounds SO good. Oh man. YUM. I don't feel huge yet but I'm uncomfortable. Short of breath, can't lay down in one position for more than 10 minutes, etc. it's only gonna get worse! And I love it!

      Delete
  4. Ahh!! So fun :) I miss being pregnant. I never did the grapefruit craving, but I craved lemonade and cold drinks, like slushies and smoothies. The only time I had an odd craving was when I made a grilled cheese sandwich with pickles....my hubby thought I was nuts, I said "I'm pregnant, so shut it!"

    And I think they lie, I NEVER got my energy back. Not even into the 3rd tri! P.S. I think it's a girl! And she will have the cutest curly hair from Evan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cute would it be to have a girl and Evans curly hair and she would just grab on to Evans beard and it would be the cutest photo op. every day of my life. Ahhh! I want a girl. And a boy. Maybe it should be twins. HAHAHA PSYCH. I saw a picture of Brody on your FB and OH MY GOSH when did he get so big?! He looks so different! I can't believe how huge he is! Oh man. Time needs to sloooooow down! I LOVED grilled cheese with pickles! And spicy mustard! We make that normally so that's totally fine. Hahaha and yes to cold drinks! I have been obsessed with lemon aid, too. And I really want a lemon slushy. Like not corn syrup lemon but like an entire lemon in ice. Ohmygosh. YUM. Just that sour tangy goodness. I love.

      Delete
  5. BAHHHH! Look at that cute little baby bump! Suits you well friend!

    xoxox
    ♥Janette
    http://janettethejongleur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Dani, you're going to have a girl. :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You + dani + my mom have all said that! Uh oh! Hahaha (don't tell Evan!!!)

      Delete
  7. Eeeep! cutest little momma ever! Please tell Evan not to make you go deaf because this would be just sad.
    Yes hilarious like you. That is a must! ;)
    And you know I'm guilty of saying boy too. can't help it! It's just a feeling I get. and I'm like thousands of miles away too!
    Baby girl peacoat? No way. I think I need to see it!
    Um yes. No twins. I don't think I could handle them. And it's scary cause twins run in my family.
    The salt in grapefruit juice? maybe thats like when people put salt on there limes and lemons. I've seen sugar too, but salt? You think?
    Hope you get some energy and rest soon friend! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently all my friends say boy and my entire family says girl. I think that's hilarious! Going to have to wait 5 months to find out! Sorry everyone ;]

      I prefer salt over sugar. Always and forever!

      Delete
  8. Love your preggo photos! You are just too cute and absolutely glowing! Love the story of Evan screaming in your ear--my gosh, too funny! :] I hope you get your hearing back, soon.
    Glad you guys decided to be surprised . . .but now the rest of us are in uber suspense! AH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know! We are so cruel and I love it! ;] you can vote like everyone else! I think it's so funny to hear what people have to say! So far boy is winning. That means it's prob a girl. Hahaha

      Delete
  9. it's so fun to not find out the baby's sex!! :) we found out with gage, but not with owsley.

    you look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. Can I put you in my pocket and carry you around with me to say that to every person who glares and hates me for my decision? Thanks in advance.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, pregnant Larissa!! You are looking so freakin' beautiful. You always have though, but that glow. Take it easy, just relax and go ahead and put salt in the grapefruit juice. I wanna know how that turns out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha you slay me. My mom said she used to love salty dogs (which has vodka + grapefruit + salt) so I think I'll probably love it. Evan has been slacking in the juice department, though. I've been out for like 3 days.

      Also, thank you. You're such a sweet girl. Your comment totally made my life!

      Delete

<3