Monday, June 18, 2012

the weekend

it started off with a 3-day weekend due to the start of a massive home improvement project (re-roofing our house. boo.) and ended with a 3 hour nap and some beer margaritas on my patio.  it was one of those weekends that wasn't particularly great, but i got to spend 99% of it with my husband and got to cat nap on the hammock (i do a lot of sleeping, so sue me).


/we had drinks and a bon fire with our pastor and his wife and some church friends AND the pastor who married us because she lives in utah and we love her a ton. she's easily one of my fave people on this planet. and that's a difficult spot to achieve.

/i started a new painting i am SO excited about. i can just envision it in my mind and i'm in love with it. it's on a BIG canvas which calls for a BIG paint brush.

/we went to the grocery store approximately 100 times for sandwich meat and gatorades. did you know that boys can drink about 32 gatorades every minute?

/we made about a million jokes about how old my dad is and then he got his pants caught on the ladder and almost fell off and i had major anxiety about ladders. even more than normal. i think ladders are quickly rising (see what i did there?) to the top of my fears list.

 

/i saw the prettiest sunsets. i know these pictures cannot do them justice. but summer time in montana has got to be the greatest ever. how does the sky even turn pink and red and purple? i sat outside every night this weekend and watched the sun light the clouds on fire as it dipped below the mountains and i fell deeper and deeper in love with my little state.

/i sliced my finger open at lowe's (the 8th stage of hell, right after hob lob and right before home depot) while buying a roll of tin. i literally picked it up, cut my thumb and thought it was a little baby papercut until the blood starting gushing out. like a stab wound. all over my shirt, all over my pants, my shoes, both my hands, down the tin, on the floor....it looked like a crime scene in that aisle. but, don't worry. i helped myself because obviously the workers are too incompetent to aide a poor, helpless, bleeding customer. WHO ALSO BLED ON HER CHANEL WALLET. don't worry, i got it off. crisis averted.

/i took a three. hour. nap. because i had a major reaction to mosquitoes (all over my legs, through my jeans? literally 2, TWO bites on my bare arms. WTF.) (because i'm super allergic, which is real fun) and then the dust (because i'm also super allergic to dust, which is also real fun). so i took a nap and sprawled out on my bed and sweated the sick right out of me. i slept through three men machine gun stapling shingles onto the roof 8 feet above my head. i swear to you, i can sleep through an.y.thing. and, AND, i slept from 3-6 and then i went to bed at 10:30. pro.

/this text from erin: "sometimes i wonder. seriously. i hate girls. minus you but you like aren't a girl. well, you are but you know what i mean." HAHAHAHAHA

/i drank about a gallon of iced passion tea. if i could only drink one thing for the rest of my life, easily that.


18 loves:

  1. I luh you. and I luh what you did with that awesome laddy pun. You rock so hardcore. And I wanna snuggle your face off. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I luh you. Twinnies. Um, glad you saw what I did there.

      Delete
  2. I love the sunset pictures.

    I understand what it's like to go the grocery store a lot.. I'm pretty sure The Prince has hollow legs and that's where all the food goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I wish I had hollow legs. Totally unfair. Men and their ability to eat everything and not gain an ounce and then just THINK about going to the gym and lose 5 pounds.

      Delete
  3. reroofing? ah... that does NOT sound fun, but good thing it ended with a nap and good times with friends :)

    I do know about gatorades! I swear I am ALWAYS buying them!

    Oh and I hope you post pictures of your painting! Sounds cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not. ;] but at least I have big strong men to do it and make it okay for me to not get on the roof. Hahaha I will definitely post a picture =]

      Delete
  4. Boo on the gusher and boo on the mosquitos. Yay to 3 hours naps and being able to sleep at 10:30!!! How do you DO THAT!????? I don't waste my time if I can't nap for at least 2 hours..but then I can't sleep at night. Unless I exercise in between the nap and bedtime. Pfftt. Yeah right. Not happening.. So I end up falling asleep at 2AM. And hating life the next day. But naps are delicious..

    Janette, the Jongleur

    PS. What's a beer margarita?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my sleep! Hahaha depending on my exhaustion level sometimes it's not always possible. But I was tired and sick so my body just crashed. I'm paying for it this week, though. =[ hahaha a beer margarita (how I make them but I'm sure there are other more legit recipes) is to mix beer (usually a lime beer, but any kind works) and margarita mix. You can blend them or drink them on the rocks. They're so good! I have also dumped a beer into my tequila marg. you know, just because. =]]

      Delete
    2. Hmm.. interesting.. I don't like beer.. Does this mix have a beery taste? I'll ask Lovey if he's willing to try it.. Thanks for the headsup.. And yeah, I could go for nap right now!


      Janette, the Jongleur

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I wish blogger had emoji's. I would emoji comment you back. =[

      Delete
  6. Ugh! I'm a little upset that I am JUST NOW getting to this post. Um, hello blogger reader, what is your problem? But I think it's more me than anything...

    Anyways, I am glad you were able to get that stuff done! Aside from the mosquito bites and the blood party you had with your thumb.

    You better share your new painting on here once you're done, because you know we're too far away from one another to just let me "come over and check it out", and that sucks. :(

    That ladder joke was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY DOES BLOGGER HATE US?! First I can't comment and then it's hiding my post from your reader? Come on, blogger. Going to have to try harder to destroy our friendship! Bahahaha LAL, Danielle, LAL.

      I will share it and it will be almost like you're in my house looking at it but it might be a little bit different. We can pretend.

      Delete
  7. Yay for a fun and productive weekend! This post made me smile :] I'm so glad you didn't lose a finger or ruin your wallet (crisis averted--love it), and that your nap helped get rid of mosquito nasties (I'm slightly allergic, too, because the bites swell up nickle and quarter-sized on me and I end up looking like I have some sort of deadly skin disease. And totally relate to the sleeping through everything--it's a gift and a curse all at once ;] I hope this weekend is equally lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Mine turn purple. And I mean, like a bruise. It looks like I might lose a finger or leg or something. Wherever the bite is and I had to go to urgent care to find out if I was dying (wasn't) but super duper allergic. =[ uncool, summer, uncool. I opened the wound on my finger about 8 times this week. So 57 band aids later, this weekend should be a good one.

      Delete
  8. naps.margaritas=winning.
    can I be a favorite people? ;)
    yay new painting! wanna see it like now. k?
    I heart Gatorade. Steven won't drink it. Did I tell you he thinks food coloring is the devil? so there is that. Yeah and I must have lemon lime or I don't deem it Gatorade.
    I can't be near ladders or even step ladders. Heights don't agree with me. your poor dad!
    I want to see one of your sunsets someday! and mountains! I've only seen mountains in El Paso and in New Mexico. Not sure those count.
    I would have a heart attack and cry like a little girl if I cut myself like that. Can't believe you handled it so well!
    Mosquitoes are the devil. I'm convinced. Hope you feel better!
    That txt is perfect. Please tell her I said so! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man. i love powerade but gatorade was on sale so we got that. i DESPISE lemon lime. WE ARE NOT 100% twins right now WHAT IS HAPPENING TO US? i love blue drunks. unless it's blue coconut then shut up in here i will barf all over you (one too many, if you know what i mean). ;]

      hahahaaaaa

      i did have a panic attack as i was running through lowe's with my finger hanging on for dear life. k, not really. but close. it was the worst. =[[[

      PLEASE COME SEE A SUNSET WITH ME! we can have a picnic and watch the sunset and drink wine or something. =]

      Delete
    2. haha! what? We don't like everything exactly the same! WHAT?! Haha!
      Ummmm! Can I win the lottery so I can come have that picnic with you like now?!

      Delete

<3