Saturday, May 5, 2012

24

this is my birthday day week month year AND it was a success. i don't know how a year has already gone by since i turned 23, but apparently it has. i refuse to believe it, even thought i've been saying i'm 24 for like 3 months. that's just what i do. i get sick of being my age and i just decide to move on up. buuuut that was probably the last time i'll do that because 25?! TWENTY FIVE!? no. way.

i also look like i'm 19 20, now. so i've got that going for me.

sooooo. yep. i took my birthday off from work because i have never worked my birthday in my life and i don't plan on starting now. so i did and guess what time i got up? guess. .........SEVEN THIRTY.  happy day. maybe it was because ERIN was all up in my grill at 6:58 "RISE AND SHINE IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY emoji emoji emoji". but i loved it. i loved it a whole lot. (i'm blowing you kisses, erin.)


and we went to breakfast at my favorite little restaurant, that's now a tradition because it was where evan took me when i turned 18 and we were at that awkward stage of, are we dating....are we not? so cute. now we go there every year and it's what i most look forward to.

then evan surprised me and took me to our spot and we took a million pictures and i picked some wild flowers, which is probably illegal, but i don't care, plus it's my birthday so i get a pass on anything illegal. PLUS i'm going to go back and dig up an entire plant because i can.


we had the lowest key of an afternoon, and i mean, low. i napped and laid around and did nothing. and it was great. we got ourselves a bottle of wine and had sushi for dinner and that was even better. sushi is my all time favorite. we haven't had sushi since like.....march. i know, who ARE we?


and we had a magnum sized bottle of wine to ourselves and we may have drank the entire thing and we may have been tipsy. so what, it's my birthday. (that's my new excuse for everything.) we tried a spicy tuna roll (which is not pictured) because i always say, "you should get some crazy roll that we've never had! something real." and evan says, "no." and then we get our usual cooked/veggie rolls. so we went adventurous with the spicy tuna because i've heard good things and i have to say that it was amazing. good and spicy. or that may have been the giant piece of wasabi i accidentally dropped in my soy sauce. whatever, it's my birthday. this restaurant is so cute i can't even stand it. evan sneakily told them it was my birthday so they sang to me and gave me a piece of tempura cheesecake, except they sang "happy birsday" and it's a track they put on and it's the cutest thing ever. except i wish evan had snapped a picture because i was so, so, so embarrassed. i think i gave myself a fever i was so red.


my mom got me some delish cupcakes from my favorite bakery (chocolate because if i don't get chocolate cake on my birthday someone will lose an eye. that's a promise. and strawberry white cake with almond frosting and margarita with a sugar lime. to which my mom says, 'it's your favorite drink!' she knows me so well, except i like real margaritas better, mom. for future ref.)



i've been hoarding that dress for months and months to wear on my birthday. it has pockets (which, basically if a dress doesn't, it's not worth it.) and stripes and it's the best length because i have to belt it (which always makes it like an inch shorter, which is a lot for people who may or may not be gifted in certain areas such as......behinds). why do i belt it? IT'S A FREAKING MUMU WITHOUT THE BELT. and it's gap. gap is pretty fashionable so my question is: WHY DOES GAP HAVE A MUMU DRESS? (and why is this mumu dress more than 10 dolla?) evan calls it my nightgown. but, like, how cute is it?! i know. belts will save the world and probably end world hunger and cure aids. (just kidding. but maybe.)

23 was pretty good to me: one year anniversary and house buying and new friends and 52 dates and denver and ethiopia x3 and future planning. 24 is going to be the best year, i have high hopes for the final year before i'm a quarter century. which will then be the best because how can it not?  i'm not going to make any goals for myself before 25 because a) i will have 1 whole minute of free time when september rolls around and b) i don't do long term specific goals, turns out. i'm basically going to love myself, hit rude people more and send more snail mail letters. also spend as much time with evan as possible. i'm not above kidnapping, so. that's that.

22 loves:

  1. Yay!!!! Happy happy happy happy birthday! I hope this next year is filled with all things spectacular and delightful, shining little joys :]
    Yay for birthday sushi! And spicy tuna! Yum! Don't be afraid of the raw stuff! Chris and I were terrified of it, but, if you go to a good sushi joint, it's WONDERFUL. Embrace the sashimi!
    And ummmmmm . . . cutest pictures EVER!!! Your dress? Darling! LOVE IT!!! And the two of you together? OMG. The cuteness slays. ;]

    P.S. You guessed it! We're off to Cali! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah. I just told Evan we need to go to sushi again and he doesn't agree. Sad day. But I will be more adventurous next time!
      And thank you thank you thank you thank you! I'm so, so excited for you guys!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you had such a perfect birthday!
    I hope your twenty-fourth year is the most amazing year yet.

    That dress looks beautiful on you. A new year calls for a new dress, even if you did hoard it for awhile. :)

    And yes, love yourself non-stop - because you are on spectacular person.

    I also have never worked on my birthday... ever! And I am hoping that I never will have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be a holiday, I always say. =] YOU are spectacular. Thank you sweet darlin!

      Delete
    2. You are making me blush! <3

      RE:PHIT:: I haven't had a bike since middle school! I am DYING over here. You should definitely get one... and we'll ride our bikes at the same time even though you are way over there and I am all the way over here.

      Delete
    3. Hahaha you're awesome. We'll have ourselves a little bike riding date!

      Delete
  3. Isnt a half-century 50 years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half, quarter, what's the diff?! Hahaha oh my gosh. I don't do math. You can say your name...I won't bite your head off.

      Delete
  4. Waking you up at 6:58. That explains our friendship...okay...you I didn't wake you up...you just woke up TO me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWE! Well, I'm really late to the game, but Happy Birthday and it looks like you had a KILLER day. Yay for a whole bottle of wine and maybe getting a little bit tipsy and blaming it on your birthday, because I would have done the same and not had a birthday to blame it on. I too have the "look younger than my age" thing going for me. No one believes me when I tell them I am 33 (actually 32 but I turn 33 June 15 so... really I am rounding it up to the nearest year... so we have that in common too.) ha. Great post. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! There's no way you look 33! So, I guess looking like a young-in can be a good thing? Yes.

      Delete
  6. "I'm not above kidnapping." And "..because it's my birthday." And "chocolate because if I don't get chocolate cake on my birthday someone will lose an eye." Yep. These are my three favorite things from this blog post. And the last one? The number three one? That's how I feel EVERY. birthday. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Well, those things are true. Very true. Evan didn't get me cake and I was all, "did you want to live another day orrrrr....." but then my mom saved the day and Evan shall live. He has been warned and he owes me chocolate cake in the near future.

      Delete
  7. Aww! You guys are just the cutest! Happy happy birthday again to you! All of these pictures made me smile, and I needed to do that today. You are kinda my favorite and I think we should send snail mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can we please be pen pals?! That would be the best. Thank you again, friend! I sure do like you. I hope your day got a little better!

      Delete
  8. I can't believe you hoarded that dress for your birthday. It's so freakin cute, I don't think I'd be able to control myself for that long! you are amazing!

    Anyway I truly hope you enjoyed your day, it sure looks/sounds like you did. and it also looks like you are enjoying some good weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Evan had to hold me back quite a few times. And I mean, every day for like a month. Rough stuff. Our weather has been amazing! I am loving this early spring stuff so much! Don't come back, winter, I always say! Thank you sweet friend! I hope you're feeling better xoxo

      Delete
  9. Eff me. I meant to comment on this yesterday when I looked it and liked it but I guess my job got in the way for a second.

    Anywho, a few things:

    Your bangs and boots are rockin'.
    The two of you look so, so so happy! It's wonderful.
    Happy belated! Here's to a fabulous year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I HATE when my jobs gets in the way of blogging. I mean, come on people. =]

      Thank you darlin! Those boots are my favorite, I'm finally happy with my bangs and this year is going to be FABULOUS.

      Delete
  10. Happy (super duper!) belated birthday!! It looks like you had a terrific day! I love all these photos, along with your beautiful dress and those lovely flowers!! I hope your 24th year is all that you wish + more!! xo
    PS You have cutest blog and than you so much for your sweet comments on mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady! So far it's turning out to be pretty great =]

      Delete

<3