Saturday, April 30, 2011

Larissa is sick.

Again. And again. And again. And again.

Over it.


So I went to the doctor, sat in the waiting room for 2 hours, sat in the room awkwardly while the male nurse told me how he learned German and lived in Honduras for two weeks (all inspired by my Africa tattoo, yet he has no idea what it means because he did all the talking...?), had a negative strep test, almost a double ear infection, and am being referred to the ENT for tonsil removal.

I basically have a two week window for them to rip these babies out of my head because Nick is graduating from high school, people are getting married, I'm going to a family reunion slash wedding, and hopefully getting a job.  Um plus it is summer and I am not spending my summer recouping from surgery. And that is that.

The doctor looked in my throat and said, "That looks sore." Are. You. Freaking. Sure.????? It is colors that no throat should be...grey, white, red, rashy... (Oh yeah because I might be allergic to chloraseptic spray that I've basically been chugging for the past 48 hours. Whoops.)



Super stoked for such a great start to my summer, slash the greatest birthday present ever, slash feeling sick for over a week.


I'm going to stop being whiney now.

4 loves:

  1. I'm so sorry you feel so bad! I hope you feel better soon :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! Meeee toooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have to get them out!! I mean, I knew it was inevitable, with how sick you were...it's just funny that you, me, and Erin all had to have it done in our adult life, all so close together.

    Please prepare for some of the worst pain in your entire life. I will bring you popsicles. <3 I hope you're feeling at least a little better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! It's super weird. Except you guys had tonsil stones AND your tonsils were huge. Mine are not either of those things. So I'm not as cool.

    I'm totes ready for it because 2 weeks of pain is better than one week of pain once a month for the rest of my life. Stupid. And if I am not feeling better tomorrow (because I'm not today even with a prescription) I will be ticked. off.

    ReplyDelete

<3