Sunday, May 1, 2011

Twenty Two

Every once and a while I write myself a little note of things I've learned. Usually these tend to be things I wish past Larissa would have known before she was dumb. So, here are 22 things I learned from being 22.



1. Writing down problems, feelings, fears, anger, rage, sadness, happiness, and all the stories that go with them is so freeing. Even if no one reads them.

2. I write like I talk. People used to tell me this when I would write papers or articles or letters and I was like yeah yeah, so does everyone else. But then, I started to blog and I got like 64939 comments about how "I feel like I'm actually having a conversation with you." "I can just hear you saying that." "You write like you talk." In addition, I like to use commas. I like to put a comma everywhere I take a quick pause in my head.

3. Evan thinks that 240 diapers will last half a year. baaaaahahahahahahaha

4. Jobs really aren't that much fun. Being bored is way better than having a real schedule to adhere to. Although, having money is kind of fun, too.

5. Drama is not that big of a deal. As my mom would say, "You can talk about me behind my back but I'll talk about you on my knees." But seriously. Work drama, friend drama, enemy drama, family drama. Ug. It's reaaaaally not that big of a deal. Don't let it ruin your day/week/month.

6. Eight hours of sleep really is that important.

7. Evan is the most selfless person I have ever, ever, ever met.

8. Things aren't always going to go my way and I should probably just get. over. it.

9. Evan does listen a lot more and a lot better than he makes it seem. (That sentence was literally the hardest thing to write. Yikes.)

10. I am still my mother's baby even though I am 23-years-old and I am completely okay with this.

11. My dad is one of the hardest working men I know.

12. Evan has taught me that I am an okay person. I do work hard even though I think that I don't. I deserve nice things. And it's okay to splurge on myself every once and a while.

13. It's okay to want to be alone with your husband during your first year of marriage. I don't have to spend time with him + 19432 other people for birthdays, holidays, Fridays, date days, etc.

14. Bleach is a girls best friend.

15. So are those indestructible, elbow-high plastic gloves.

16. A kitchen is far more important in a house than the ability to paint the walls. Because color can be brought in 90 million different ways besides paint; counter tops, clean sicks, working stoves, and clean fridges cannot.

17. A good camera is a good thing.

18. I really like to argue my points because I like to think I'm always right. (And that is that, because learning that about myself doesn't mean I'm going to change it......maybe.)

19. Steve Carell is my hero.

20. No matter how much you think you know someone, how good of friends you think you are, people lie. Don't believe everything anyone says. Protect yourself, because no one else will.

21. Sometimes the best discussions come from staying up too late.

22. Fast food is bad for you. mmmmmkkkay?

5 loves:

  1. Love this! Sounds like you've learned so many awesome things. I hope you have another fantastic year! :]

    And thanks for the comment! Hopefully I can find a way to stand up to her without being a total jerk right back. :] Oi vey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! You sound wise ;)

    ANDDDD I'm loving the picture of you two at the top. SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

    PS I've been gone this weekend, so if your bday was this weekend then happy late birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kinda freaking me out (in the best way) how many of these things I TOTALLY agree with. TOTALLY.

    I cried after Michael Scott left the Office. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ SAM, I'm glad you know what I'm talking about here!

    I cried, too. So hard. Especially the episode before when they sang to him. And then at the next episode when Pam DOTDOTDOT. Those people are practically my family. Love love love that show.

    ReplyDelete

<3