Thursday, September 6, 2012

summer love from danielle

my lovely friend danielle and i are blog swapping today and sharing just a little bit about our favorite parts about [the best] season [don't lie, danielle, it is your favorite]. side note: how is it september already? there was a COLD wind blowing earlier this week and it finally feels like fall may just appear on time, now that temperatures have dropped below 95! enjoy our little lists and be sure to check out danielle's blog. it is one of my favorites!

Hello, la la lovely readers! My name is Danielle and I blog over at Porcelain Heart, Ivory Tooth. I am a twenty-something tattooed wife and college student living on the east coast. Stop by and say, hello. I'd love to meet you! Also, thank you so much to Larissa, for letting me share my summer favourites with all of you, and be sure to stop by mine to check out Larissa's Lovely Summer Favourites.

Now onto the summer love... Summer may not by my favourite season, but that doesn’t stop me from loving a few things that come along with it. And since Summer is almost over I figured I'd share some of the things that I will miss most about Summer...

Custard & Italian Ice.
I’m not a big ice cream fan, so custard is perfection to me. I have always loved Italian ice and naturally this combination is a dream come true on a hot summer day. Especially, when it's mango Italian ice with vanilla custard. Summer in a paper cup...


Cloud-filled skies.
Looking up and seeing those fluffy white clouds filling the blue, blue sky always make my day a little brighter. Besides, they can be anything you want them to be. ;)


Brightly coloured nail polish.
I’m a sucker for dark colours and jewel toned anything, but when it comes to summer I am consistently rocking brighter shades like hot pink, corals, bright mint and bright blue.


Summer flowers.
If flowers aren't reason enough to love a season, then I don't know what is, even if they are merely a continuation from the season before!

and of course, my favourite thing about summer... rainstorms!
It hardly rains during spring here in Florida, and once June hits the rainstorms start and it is seriously incredible. I just love the way the air smells before a storm is about to happen.

What are some of your favourite things about summer?

2 loves:

  1. Hey hey Danielle!! Nice post..I've never had custard straight up like that..Looks yummy! Lovely list! Heading to your space to read L's list.

    ♥Janette
    http://janettethejongleur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for doing a blog swap with me, Larissa.
    I love everything about your post. Perfection! <3

    ReplyDelete

<3